Creating a website that can sell a product or service requires that many different components come together to achieve the desired selling result. By having an excellent website, a higher conversion rate can be enjoyed and greater sales as well. Below is a checklist of important things that can be applied to College Station SEO efforts that will help improve pages and keep visitors happy. It can be more easily remembered through the title of G-R-E-A-T-W-E-B-S-I-T-E.
- G = Good Page Titles – The title of an individual page or website shows up on search engine results pages and every time a page is selected. College Station SEO experts advise to use high-quality descriptive titles so they are recognized as being what was searched for in the browser.
- R = Restrict Page Length – Limit web page length; too long may imply too much information while too short may imply a lack of information. Be sure that each page is an appropriate length for the subject. A website about teaching may have more content, while a website for trivia would be shorter.
- E = Effective Navigation and Links – Provide good website architecture and keep links visible for effective navigation. Users want to know where they are heading when a link is clicked.
- A = Applicable and Appropriate Content – All content must match the website and its intent. Anything else will cause readers to click back to the browser for a more appropriate response.
- T = Typography – This is a basic part of website design. Keep font style and size appropriate – not too small or too large, not too fancy or unreadable, and always a good readable color.
- W = Write Globally – Be sure all content is understandable to the widest number of readers. Refrain from specific measurements, money references, and other things unique to a country. When a specific amount is needed, perhaps a link can be added to a page that will give all such measurements.
- E = Effective Graphics – This involves more that just the actual image – it involves finding, sizing and using great images that go together and expand the message of the website.
- B = Be Sure All Links Are Current – Check a website frequently to be sure that some links have not changed. No reader wants to click on a link only to be taken to the dreaded 404 Page!
- S = Speedy Page Loading – No visitor or viewer wants to wait very long – a few seconds at best – for a website to load. Make sure there is nothing that would prevent this such as huge images or the use of Flash that will definitely slow loading speed.
- I = Interactive Pages – Visitors may want to interact with the content that is presented. Be sure to provide a way for comments to be left as well as a survey or poll to allow for additional responses.
- T = Thoroughly Proofread Content – Completely edit all website material. Content that cannot be easily read due to proofreading errors isn’t even worth posting and will be quickly ignored.
- E = Explicit Call-To-Action – Viewers must be enticed to take some action on every web page, whether it is to click to a list of products or sign up for an newsletter. Be sure each page has a call-to-action that is appropriate, understandable, and effective.
The best way to create a good website is to follow the advice of experts in the field. Use the above tips as a starting point to know specific ways to help have an internet presence that will draw many readers and hopefully convert them to interested users of a product or service!
Let Web Design College Station Help With An Effective College Station SEO Strategy!
Does your website need a good College Station SEO strategy? Contact Web Design College Station for a team of experts who can custom design the best SEO plan for your company’s website!