Generally, architects, construction companies, automobile engineers, and interior designers create blueprints. Writers often scribble on notepads to put ideas into writing and creative artists may sketch in order to produce a beautiful and artistic masterpiece. In a somewhat related fashion, web design College Station information architects use a wireframe to sketch out a skeletal information architecture to hep think through the entire process of a website.
Basically, it is the foundation to start a web design process and is done to achieve a desired type of user experience and functionality expected from a website. Because of the importance of a wireframe in the design process, listed below are a few benefits of using one.
- Changes – A wireframe allows for more rapid design alterations and is a cost-efficient way to make changes. By formulating a wireframe when beginning the web design process, both client and developer can save time, effort, and money rather than working without one. A web design College Station firm would advise that this helps prevent expensive revisions from happening if this essential phase were bypassed.
- Navigation – It helps create an intuitive navigation menu through the creation of a visual representation the architectural structure of the project. It provides the location of all navigation, drop-down menus, and breadcrumb trail to be placed accordingly. In addition, related issues such as accessibility and intuitiveness can be addressed as soon as possible to deliver a superior user experience.
- Content – It helps improve content development and presentation. Content is a vital component needed to develop a website. By using a wireframe, persuasive, informative, and attractive content can be effectively presented to readers while boosting readability and creating a format that is user friendly.
- Results – It helps meet clients expectations of the finished project. Many website designs fail to meet client expectation by lacking a clear picture and understanding of actual website creation. A wireframe presents a mental image of how a website will be constructed and how client specifications and requirements will be met. In addition, this process allow for problem areas to be improved.
- Organization – It helps web developers organize project details by arranging and setting up essential features. Interactive elements can be placed, leading to excellent interactivity and navigability. This phase allows for the formation of a clear mental picture of the various website components.
Neglecting the wireframe phase be a mistake when building a website. This crucial stage helps display the entire visual architecture and permits clarification of all features to be included and how they should be used.
A wireframe provides the blueprint or visual representation of the website to obtain a well laid out, architecturally structured, and highly-functional design that can provide an excellent user experience. A wireframe can provide many benefits and is considered a good way to produce effective design and an excellent approach in developing a website!
A Web Design College Station Firm Can Explain Wireframe Usage!
If you need to know the value of a wireframe to website design, contact the experts at Web Design College Station. Call them at 979-217-2406 for information on how this element is used to improve web design!